- Do waitlisted tickets get refunded?
- Will I get full refund if ticket is not confirmed?
- What is the cancellation charges for waiting list ticket?
- What happens when waiting ticket is not confirmed?
- Are waitlisted tickets automatically Cancelled?
- Is waiting ticket refundable?
- How much amount will be refunded on cancellation of waiting train ticket?
- How can I get my waiting list E ticket refund?
- Will I get full refund if train is Cancelled?
- Can I travel with WL ticket?
- What is the difference between GNWL and WL?
- Can waiting list change after chart preparation?
- How are waiting tickets confirmed?
- Which is better RAC or WL?
- Which waiting list ticket gets confirmed first?
For cancellation of RAC/Waitlisted tickets upto the prescribed time limits, full refund of fare will be given, after deducting the clerkage charges per passenger.
For contingent cancellation & waitlisted Tatkal ticket cancellations, charges will be deducted as per existing Railway rules.
Do waitlisted tickets get refunded?
Refunds: Confirmed tickets do not get refund upon cancellation. In case of RAC or waitlisted tickets refund is available if the same are cancelled up to 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Will I get full refund if ticket is not confirmed?
6) No cancellation charge is levied and full fare is refunded to passengers holding confirmed, RAC and wait-listed tickets if the journey is not undertaken due to late running of train by more than three hours of scheduled departure, subject to the condition that the ticket is surrendered prior to actual departure of
What is the cancellation charges for waiting list ticket?
If a RAC/waitlisted is cancelled then Rs. 60/- (Per Passenger) shall be deducted If a confirmed ticket is cancelled more than 48 hrs before the scheduled departure of the train, flat cancellation charges shall be deducted @ Rs.240/- for AC First Class/Executive Class, Rs.200/- for AC 2 Tier/First Class, Rs. 180 for AC
What happens when waiting ticket is not confirmed?
For a ticket booked in irctc if status is in WL even after final chart is prepared then its an invalid ticket. In such case money is refunded to your account. For confirmed tatkal tickets there won’t be any refund if u wish to cancel it or prefer not to travel.
Are waitlisted tickets automatically Cancelled?
Yes, the tickets booked online by irctc website get cancelled automatically if all passengers on the ticket remain waitlisted even after preparation of chart. This is applicable for both general and tatkal quota. Yes your ticket is confirmed as is mentioned in the current status field.
Is waiting ticket refundable?
However, railways will not provide any refund on RAC e-tickets if the ticket is not cancelled or TDR is not filed up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train. When a passenger wants to cancel a RAC ticket or wait-listed ticket, the amount is refunded after deducting a clerkage charge.
How much amount will be refunded on cancellation of waiting train ticket?
1) If a confirmed ticket is cancelled up to 48 hours before the scheduled departure of train, cancellation charges will be deducted at Rs 240 for AC First Class/Executive Class, Rs 200 for AC 2 Tier/First Class, Rs 180 for AC 3 Tier/AC Chair car/ AC 3 Economy, Rs.120 for Sleeper Class and Rs.60 for Second Class.
How can I get my waiting list E ticket refund?
Refund for E-Ticket and Railway Ticket Passengers. As per extant rule, in case of cancellation of trains, automatic refund of fare on confirmed or RAC or Waitlisted e-tickets is directly credited to the account from which booking transactions took place. Online cancellation or filing of TDR is not required in such case
Will I get full refund if train is Cancelled?
If the train is marked as “CANCELLED” in PRS due to breaches, floods, accidents etc. full refund is permissible in case the ticket is cancelled within three days of the scheduled departure of the train. In case of e-tickets, such cancellations can be done by the customer through Internet.
Can I travel with WL ticket?
You Can Travel with Waiting List Ticket Only if You Booked Tickets from Railway Counters or I-Ticket. And if you have E-Ticket With Partially Confirmed or RAC are valid for Travelling. As per Rules you Can not Travel with Waiting Tickets but Practically people with Waiting List tickets are Traveling.
What is the difference between GNWL and WL?
Waiting List (WL): If the passenger status is marked as WL followed by a number then the passenger has a waitlisted status. Similarly, GNWL/AVAILABLE means that current status of your ticket is CONFIRMED because some passengers who booked before you have cancelled their tickets.
Can waiting list change after chart preparation?
The confirmed ticket holders like to use this luxury and opt for late cancellations. This is why the activity levels within 2-5 days before the journey date really escalates. The movement of waitlist queue stops after the Final Chart is prepared which is usually done about 3-4 hours before the departure of the train.
How are waiting tickets confirmed?
Confirmed tickets These tickets are confirmed against a particular seat number. If you booked your waiting list ticket directly at a railway station ticket counter, you can travel but in no particular seat if none are vacant. Waiting list ticked booked online are no good if they do not advance to at least RAC status.
Which is better RAC or WL?
RAC stands for Reservation Against Cancellation while WL stands for Waiting List. Now, RAC means that you will get a seat but you will have to share it with someone else. There are chances that your RAC ticket can get converted into a confirmed ticket i.e. you will get a full seat.( Feel like a king now! )
Which waiting list ticket gets confirmed first?
If Tatkal Train Ticket goes up, it directly gets confirmed and doesn’t go through RAC status unlike GNWL. During chart preparation, general waiting list (GNWL) is preferred over tatkal waiting list (CKWL) therefore tatkal wait listed rail tickets are less likely to get confirmed.