The 25 most insanely profitable low-budget movies ever
- A24. Moonlight. Budget: $1.5 million.
- Universal. Get Out. Budget: $4.5 million.
- Orion Classics. Slacker. Budget: $23,000.
- Paranormal Activity 2. Budget: $3 million. Box office: $177,512,032.
- THINKFilm / IFC Films. Primer. Budget: $7,000.
- Artisan Entertainment. Pi.
- Libra Films International. Eraserhead.
- Friday the 13th. Budget: $550,000.
What is the lowest grossing movie of all time?
The Lowest-Grossing No. 1 Movies of All Time
- Disturbia (2007)
- The Best Man (1999)
- The Relic (1997)
- John Carpenter’s Vampires (1998) IMDB/Largo Entertainment.
- The Possession (2012) IMDB/Ghost House Pictures.
- I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997) IMDB/Mandalay Entertainment.
- Forces of Nature (1999) IMDB/DreamWorks.
- War Room (2015) IMDB/Affirm Films.
What movie has the lowest budget and made the most money?
Notable low-budget films. One of the most successful low-budget films was 1999’s The Blair Witch Project. It had a budget of around US$60,000 but grossed almost $249 million worldwide. It spawned books, a trilogy of video games, and a less-popular sequel.
Do low budget movies make money?
A $15 million film (which is considered a small-budget film in Hollywood) might have a promotional budget that’s higher than its production budget.
What is the most profitable movie ever?
The 20 Most Profitable Movies of All Time (Based on Return on Investment)
- PARANORMAL ACTIVITY (2007) Budget: $450,000.
- THE DEVIL INSIDE (2012) YouTube.
- PETER PAN (1953) Budget: $4,000,000.
- GREASE (1978) YouTube.
- GOD’S NOT DEAD (2014) Budget: $1,150,000.
- PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2 (2010)
- INSIDIOUS (2011)
- YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN (1974)