- Is Sinemia going out of business?
- Can I use Sinemia at the theater?
- How do I cancel Sinemia?
- Does Sinemia have a card?
- Will Sinemia refund money?
- Can you buy two tickets with Sinemia?
- Can I use Sinemia right away?
- How do you get tickets with Sinemia?
- Is Sinemia billed monthly?
- What happened to Sinemia?
- Does Sinemia charge for physical card?
- How do I contact Sinemia?
- Can you get a refund from MoviePass?
- Why does Sinemia need my ID?
This new fee, which was introduced on top of a convenience fee in October, was the main subject of the lawsuit by customers against Sinemia.
Sinemia said that the “processing fee of up to $1.80 applies so that Sinemia can continue to provide access to all showtimes for all movies in all theaters without restrictions as
Is Sinemia going out of business?
Sinemia, a would-be rival to MoviePass, is closing down its U.S. operations — telling customers it could not find “a path to sustainability” amid legal headaches, competitive pressures and the challenging economics of the business model. The company announced the shutdown in a notice on its website Thursday.
Can I use Sinemia at the theater?
Sinemia now has a plan that doesn’t require a subscription or even a phone. Launched Thursday, Sinemia Limitless lets you purchase a $100 card for $70. You then use that card to buy movie tickets anywhere, not just through the Sinemia app.
How do I cancel Sinemia?
How to Cancel Sinemia
- Navigate to the Sinemia website and login.
- Select Cancel membership. You may use your account until the last day of your subscription plan and your account will be fully deleted at the end of your billing period.
Does Sinemia have a card?
Sinemia announced this morning the return of its physical debit card for in-person movie ticket sales, by “popular customer demand.” The card will also cost you $15, a one-time purchase made through the company’s site — which means it will take a couple of movies before the savings really kick in.
Will Sinemia refund money?
If Sinemia Owes You a Refund, Call Your Bank. Sinemia, the discounted movie-ticket subscription service and a massive competitor to MoviePass, announced today it would be ceasing operations in the U.S.—affecting movie-goers everywhere on the day of one of the biggest movie releases of the year.
Can you buy two tickets with Sinemia?
You can purchase tickets online at Sinemia.com or using the Sinemia app, which is available from Google Play and the iOS App Store.
Can I use Sinemia right away?
Today, the company announced that it is introducing Sinemia Cardless, which allows subscribers in the US, UK, Canada and Australia to reserve movie tickets without a physical membership card. All customers have to do is select a movie, showing and seats in advance through the Sinemia app.
How do you get tickets with Sinemia?
The steps to do so are as follows:
- Open the Sinemia app and select “Planning.”
- Click “Advance Ticket.”
- Select the movie, time, seating, and location you want to see on a different ticketing service like Fandango.
- Go back to the Sinemia app and click “Get Advance Ticket.”
Is Sinemia billed monthly?
For $7.99 a month (billed annually), you can watch up to three 2D movies every month. For the $8.99 a month (also billed annually) Plus plan, you can watch up to two movies per month, including 3D and IMAX showings. For $14.99 a month, you can watch up to 30 2D movies per month.
What happened to Sinemia?
Sinemia. Sinemia was a subscription-based service that provides discounted movie-ticket plans. Sinemia ceased operations in the US on April 26, 2019. The company stated it is the subject of a pending FTC investigation in its US bankruptcy filing, and a class-action lawsuit was filed against Sinemia over fees.
Does Sinemia charge for physical card?
As of today, however, Sinemia users can request physical debit cards, which will do away with the convenience and processing fees when used at a theater itself. Those fees will still be applicable if customers buy tickets online. Sinemia customers can request a card through their profile page on the company’s website.
How do I contact Sinemia?
- 925 N La Brea Ave. 4th Floor. Los Angeles, CA 90038. https://www.sinemia.com/
- Contact form.
- Help page.
- Primary Contact. Binnaz Birdal. Customer Experience Manager.
- Secondary Contact. Ezgi Karaman. Chief Customer Officer.
- Bertuğ Oymak. Chief Product Officer. 925 N La Brea Ave.
- Chief Executive. Rifat Oguz. 925 N La Brea Ave.
Can you get a refund from MoviePass?
MoviePass isn’t letting some annual subscribers cancel who were promised a refund. MoviePass started converting annual subscribers to monthly plans over the weekend, and some users were given the option to cancel and receive a refund for the remainder of their annual plans.
Why does Sinemia need my ID?
According to the email, first the Sinemia subscriber has to upload a picture of a government-issued ID. Some Sinemia subscribers have even filed a class-action lawsuit against the company, alleging that it ripped them off with new fees. Sinemia has seven different ways it charges customers.