Titanic – $295 million
To date, it remains tied with Ben-Hur for most Oscars won by a single film and comes in second, after Avatar, as the highest-grossing film in history.
At the time of its release, it was the most expensive movie ever made, and, even today, only two films have cost more.
What is the most expensive movie ever made 2019?
As of 2019, these are the 16 movies that, taking inflation into account, are the most expensive ever made.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron ($478 Million)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides ($430 Million)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End ($421 Million)
- Avengers: Endgame ($400 Million)
What is the most expensive film ever made?
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides officially holds the record with a budget of $378.5 million, while The Hobbit trilogy stands as the most expensive back-to-back film production with combined costs of $623 million after tax credits.
What are the top 10 most expensive movies?
10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made: 9 Successes and 1 Failure
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End – $300 million.
- Tangled – $260 million.
- Spider-man 3 – $258 million.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince – $250 million.
- John Carter – $250 million.
- Avatar – $237 million.
- The Dark Knight Rises – $230 million.
- Man of Steel – $225 million.
What is the most expensive black and white movie ever made?
What was the most expensive black and white movie? My money says it was Schindler’s List (1993). The movie takes place on a large scale on real sets that were not created by CGI, which was a force to be reckoned with (thanks to T2: Judgment Day).