A: You can now use a credit or debit card to pay for your ticket on buses using contactless.
Do buses take debit cards?
Cash, checks, credit cards, debit cards, and money orders are accepted.
Do Translink buses take card?
All other Translink services, including Metro, Metro Feeder Services, Ulsterbus and Northern Ireland Railways, will continue to charge Half-Fare SmartPass users in the normal way. Q. Can I use my Contactless Credit / Debit card for travel on Glider?
Can you pay by card on a first bus?
Bus passengers could soon benefit from faster journey times and cheaper travel after First Bus introduced contactless payment machines on its vehicles. The first phase of the changes went ‘live’ at the weekend, with people now able to pay by debit or credit card when they board a bus.
How do you use a bus?
- Ask a friend to help you.
- Plan your journey with the help of your friend.
- Find out what time your bus arrives at the stop.
- Take some money to buy a ticket.
- Find your nearest bus stop.
- When you see the bus, hold your arm out.
- Tell the driver where you would like to go.
- Sit down and enjoy the ride.